Promoting Solutions That “Move Gardena Forward”
“Experience that Matters”
- Creating A More Responsive Government
- Investing in Public Safety and Services
- Working to Improve Environmental Conditions
- Preserving Our Open Space
Forming a More Responsive Government
I am establishing a real connection between the community and the City Council.
Accomplishments to date:
- Budget in Brief
- Open City Hall Community Meetings
- Park Community Meetings
- Neighborhood Meetings
- Mobile Device Usage Online Reporting
Quality of Life
- Approving residential and commercial development
- Abandon Property Ordinance
- Promoting partnership to execute filming
- Secured grants for Park and Recreation improvements
Working to Improve Environmental Conditions
- Sustainable community
- City corridor improvements
- Street and infrastructure improvements
- Transportation alternatives
- Smart City Initiatives
Vision for 2020
Increase Community Engagement
- Annual electronic citizen survey and poll to gather public viewpoints and track general satisfaction with city council services.
- Strengthen current communication channels such as Gardena Direct to effectively engage with the community and key stakeholders to efficiently respond to demand.
- Expand the City Council’s “Open City Hall” for the community to become better acquainted with their city council and provide a visual presentation of how to access City Council reports.
- Expand current initiatives such as the mental health evaluation team. The council needs to provide more funding to give the team more resources.
Improving Quality of Life
- Building Coalitions between city contractors and the community to foster economic development and growth for the city of Gardena.
- Embrace diversity and foster inclusiveness by celebrating the culture of Gardena by creating opportunities for different cultures to have community events.
- Work with community members and organizations to foster better neighborhood patrolling to promote safety and better community engagement.
Improving Environmental Conditions
- Establish an emissions cutback action plan to continue Gardena’s push for an environmentally sustainable community.
- Build a resource center on the cities website to consolidate public education, renewable energy financing, and permitting.
Do you like this post?
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with